The Brielle at Seaview is dedicated to making retirement easier, so we have collected the most common questions about our community and the types of care available. See these questions, and their answers, below.
+Q: What makes The Brielle at Seaview different from other communities?
The Brielle at Seaview brings a holistic view to wellness and successful aging to help residents live life to the fullest. Here, seniors live in a supportive environment while enjoying a balance of independence and assistance.
Wherever you go, whatever you do, wellness follows. The Brielle’s wellness philosophy is a way of life that ensures your mind and body stay healthy and active.
This philosophy, called SalusTM by Solvere, is powered by Masterpiece Living®, a wellness platform on which all programming for the community is based. Salus is our trademark wellness philosophy that focuses on each resident’s potential to achieve his or her personal goals through engagement and connection. In addition to the services and amenities of the community, the Salus philosophy is integrated throughout The Brielle. Residents will find no shortage of activities, programs, and ways to connect with others to sustain or improve their health and well-being. Residents, their families, and The Brielle staff alike are encouraged to use their unique talents and professional skills through our signature programs.
+Q: Where is The Brielle located?
The Brielle at Seaview is fresh, modern, and designed to support residents’ well-being. Our wooded campus is located among the few natural spaces left on Staten Island, adjacent to the Greenbelt. The Brielle boasts wildlife, wooded views, and walking trails that invite you to take it all in. The convenient location invites frequent visits to our natural wooded oasis. With care designed to support your legacy and your goals, The Brielle is truly a hidden gem.
+Q: What levels of care do you offer?
The Brielle at Seaview offers assisted living care guided by our own distinct philosophies. SalusTM by Solvere focuses on four main aspects of wellness to encourage emotional and physical well-being for all residents.
Valeo Memory Care
The Valeo™ philosophy for memory care at The Brielle promotes greater well-being for residents with memory impairments, such as Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia, in the secured Valeo Neighborhood.
The Brielle’s Salus and Valeo philosophies were both developed from years of academic and real-world research to bring only the best support to you
Short Stay Program
A Short Stay Program is also available in both assisted living and memory care for your family member or friend during those periods of time when you are unavailable.
+Q: What is assisted living?
Assisted living communities offer residential options for individuals who need some support and supervision, but do not require continual nursing care. Residents typically live in their own apartment with access to a variety of services, amenities, dining choices, and signature Salus programs.
+Q: How do I know if assisted living is needed?
Generally speaking, assisted living communities are the best option for individuals who need assistance with daily activities such as medication management, dressing or bathing.
+Q: What is short stay care?
At The Brielle, we understand your commitment to supporting your family member or friend. Yet we understand there are times you are unavailable. That’s why we’ve designed our Short Stay Program especially for caregivers who may need to be away or to perhaps ease your family member into life in a community.
Whether it is two weeks or two months, The Brielle is here for you. We will take care of everything – from a fully furnished private room, to daily nutritious meals, to medication administration, while keeping them active with engaging social events and programs. The committed staff will make sure their health and comfort are taken care of, giving you full peace of mind.
+Q: What is memory care?
Memory care is a distinct type of support that is specifically designed to serve the needs of those with Alzheimer’s, dementia, and other forms of memory impairment. At The Brielle at Seaview, we believe that individuals with memory impairments can continue to lead a rich, fulfilling, and dignified life, and our programs allow everyone to thrive to the best of their abilities.
These programs, as part of our Valeo™ Wellness Philosophy, are focused on the Four Components of Wellness, which allow residents to have meaningful interactions through one-on-one activities, build relationships with others, and grow connections through positive approaches to socialization. The Four Components are:
- Physical: Engaging in self-care through both activity and proper nutrition
- Social: Strengthening and developing existing and new relationships – both with people and pets
- Intellectual: Performing creative, stimulating activities to re-ignite memories and preserve cognition
- Spiritual: Reserving time to connect with one’s personal beliefs
+Q: What support services are provided for memory care residents?
At The Brielle, we’ve created a neighborhood designed to provide comfort and care for residents with memory impairments — offering services and amenities to create a warm and welcoming home environment.
- 24-hour wellness staff on-site and 24-hour licensed RN on call
- Valeo™ wellness philosophyand signature memory care programs
- Exercise classes and wellness programs
- On-site visiting physicians
- On-site visiting physical, occupational, and speech therapy services
- Three customized levels of care and support
In addition, we offer supportive wellness services to assist with activities of daily living based on each individual’s level of need, including:
- Medication management and administration
- Monthly wellness checks
- Assistance with meals
- Incontinence care
- Assistance with mobility
- Showering and bathing
+Q: What types of wellness programs are offered?
Every person’s life experiences and needs are unique, so our programs are adapted to the individual. We assess each resident’s interests and abilities, then build a personalized approach to create moments of joy. Some of our ValeoTM Signature Programs include:
- Create and Compose – Art and music draw residents away from daily concerns and take them on a journey of self-expression, while helping them relive fond memories. Residents enjoy painting, drawing, and sculpture and will both listen to and play music in a unique program that capitalizes on the therapeutic benefits of art.
- Legacy Kit – Residents and their families create a treasure chest of specific items that are familiar and meaningful and reflect aspects of their identity. Legacy Kits are used by both caregivers and family members in an ongoing process to foster positive interactions and active, meaningful engagement with residents.
- Travel Times – Continuing to facilitate the travel experience for individuals who have been diagnosed with dementia often provides pleasure, connection, and intellectual stimulation while triggering memories and offering an escape from the day-to-day.
- Creature Comforts – Coming Soon
+Q: What types of amenities are offered?
The Brielle offers three apartment options, all designed to provide a comfortable living space with the features you desire. Each apartment includes a kitchenette with a sink, refrigerator, and option to bring a microwave.
The community itself was designed to encourage activity throughout, with multiple spaces to keep you moving and engaged, and amenities such as:
- Pub, country kitchen and various parlors
- Multi-denominational religious services
- Fully-equipped therapy gym
- Lounge and card room
- Movie room
- Beauty salon and barber shop
- Private dining room
- Walking trails and outdoor seating areas
- Scheduled transportation
+Q: What kind of fees or contracts are required?
Assisted living and memory care services at The Brielle include tiered wellness packages based on individual care needs. This allows you to pay for assistance as it is required and in an easy to understand package of services.
Additionally, your monthly fee includes:
- Three chef-prepared meals plus snacks all day
- 24-hour monitored emergency call system
- Housekeeping and personal laundry and linens
- Social activities and events