Memory care with compassion.
VALEO (va-LAY-oh) Derived from the Latin meaning for “to thrive,” Valeo offers programming adapted specifically to help residents with memory impairments foster their social, intellectual, spiritual, and physical well-being under the medical guidance of on-site physicians.
Valeo is integrated into every aspect of care and service at The Brielle. Customized to the individual, Valeo allows residents to thrive and have meaningful interactions through one-on-one activities, build relationships with others, and grow connections through positive approaches to socialization.
Every person’s life experiences and needs are unique, so our programs are adapted to the individual. We assess each resident’s interests and abilities, then build a personalized approach to create moments of joy. Each resident’s legacy and intellect is honored through our Valeo Signature Programs, which increase awareness,cognition and engagement; stimulate pleasant long-term memories; provide joy and pleasure; and decrease anxiety and agitation.
Masterpiece Living® uses a research-based and comprehensive approach that offers support and tools to:
- Measure and therefore substantiate success from utilization of the programs
- Be cutting-edge and therefore offer a true market differentiator
- Meet the rapidly growing expectations of the older consumer, and more importantly for the assisted living community, the adult child
- Offer residents and their children lifestyle and mobility reviews that measure progress
- Support residents in achieving their desired successful aging goals
The Four Components of Wellness
The Valeo wellness philosophy centers on holistic care, maintaining and improving what is commonly referred to as the four components of wellness:
1. Physical: Engaging in self-care through both activity and proper nutrition
2. Social: Strengthening and developing existing and new relationships — both with people and pets
3. Intellectual: Performing creative, stimulating activities to re-ignite memories and preserve cognition
4. Spiritual: Reserving time to connect with one’s personal beliefs
Helping hands to help minds thrive.
Individuals who build a career at The Brielle are filled with optimism and a genuine desire to help others. You don’t just work at The Brielle – you care, motivate, and engage.
Our industry-leading training programs teach all staff — even non-clinically licensed employees such as operations, dining, or housekeeping — how to compassionately support the day-to-day needs of residents with memory impairments while finding ways to engage with them. Our methods and leadership give staff permission to slow down, make connections, and gain a deeper understanding of residents’ lives.
Every person on staff — from housekeepers to bookkeepers to the kitchen and wellness teams — are considered care providers in the community and are trained to go above and beyond. Staff take time to truly get to know each resident, and work every day to create moments of joy. Employees are encouraged to blend personal interests and experiences with the lives of residents, lead group activities and interact on a regular basis. Residents have endless opportunities to stay engaged in positive experiences, yet can always find privacy and quiet time when they need it.
For the Valeo philosophy to achieve success, we encourage families to play a key role in engaging residents and rekindling joy and memories. Valeo is an opportunity to preserve the legacy and memories of family members for new generations.